Today I want to present you the Borderlands universe, in case you don’t know it, and for those that know it, to remind it. :p
Borderlands is an old universe started in 2009. Several episodes, dlcs have been released through years.
Borderlands consider itself a RPS !!! A fusion between RPG and FPS 😉
This was the steam description of the 1st episode in 2009 :
Lock, Load, & Face the Madness
Get ready for the mind blowing insanity! Play as one of four trigger-happy mercenaries and take out everything that stands in your way!
With its addictive action, frantic first-person shooter combat, massive arsenal of weaponry, RPG elements and four-player co-op*, Borderlands is a breakthrough experience that challenges all the conventions of modern shooters. Borderlands places you in the role of a mercenary on the lawless and desolate planet of Pandora, hell-bent on finding a legendary stockpile of powerful alien technology known as The Vault.
- Role Playing Shooter (RPS) – Combines frantic first-person shooting action with accessible role-playing character progression
- Co-Op Frenzy – Fly solo in single player or drop in and out with up to 4 Player Co-Op online for a maniacal multiplayer experience
- Bazillions of Guns – Gun lust fulfilled with rocket-launching shotguns, enemy-torching revolvers, SMGs that fire lightning rounds, and tons more
- Radical Art Style – New visual style combines traditional rendering techniques with hand-drawn textures to create a unique and eye-catching spin on the First Person genre
- Intense Vehicular Combat – Get behind the wheel and engage in intense vehicle-to-vehicle combat
The style can be tough to apprehend, but personally I like it very much, very colorfull.
I had luck to play Borderlands The Pre-Sequel before Borderlands 2 (Pre-Sequel (2014) has been released after the 2 (2012), even if the story takes part before) ;).
You can check my videos if you want to have an opinion of the universe and the gameplay.
I personally like it very much. I like what devs have done about the mix of RPG and FPS. The classes are really fun to play with different play style. The universe is big with lots of questing, achievements, challenges, etc …
I’m about to play “Tales from the Borderlands” which is a five part episodic game series from the creators of The Walking Dead: A Telltale Games Series.
Last but not least info : Borderlands universe is a mature universe and needs to be played by mature player (+18).
The universe contain lots of humor, blood, explosion, boss fight, search for tips, hints on you story and quests, etc, etc ….
Thanks for reading, share, comment, and have fun and play a lot.